Friday, May 27, 2011

Reply from Oprah

Many of us have been watching Oprah on TV for years; we invited her into our living rooms and followed her around the world as she spread her warmth and joy to help the less fortunate. Her final show has ended after 25 years of informative programming, interviewing numerous celebrities and people who told amazing stories of survival and strength; and although it will be sad to see her go I am sure she will continue her humanitarian efforts and keep entertaining us with her new network OWN.

On her final show Oprah invited the public to send her emails to oprah@oprah.com and I decided to write to her thanking her for delving into people’s hearts and bringing about awareness on some serious topics. I was a bit shocked when I got a reply to my email so I want to share it with everyone on my blog.

I wrote to Oprah saying:

Hi Oprah,
 I have been watching your show ever since I was a little girl and have been a loyal fan ever since. You have always been an inspiration and a mentor to me when I needed that small push of encouragement to follow my dreams and aspire to be something greater. I listened to all of your guests with an open heart and an open mind. I felt their pain and struggles as if they were my own; I prayed for them and cried along with you.

Your story of being born into a situation that didn’t provide the best nurturing beginning and how you broke free from the chains of stereotype and pain and transitioned into a beautiful inspiring woman is a story I will always look to for guidance. You made me believe that my dreams of being a great author, counsellor, wife, mother humanitarian and person is attainable. You have a wonderful spirit and I appreciate you for all you have done.

Oprah wrote:

From:
Oprah Winfrey (oprah@oprah.com)
Sent:
May 27, 2011 2:00:17 AM


Got your email.
Thank you for watching the finale. I could feel your beating hearts, along with mine, through the TV screen.
I'm off to take a little rest, and then I'll get busy working on OWN.
 
Take care of yourself.
 
Oprah


Although it was short, I appreciated her taking the time to write back at all considering the thousands of emails she must be getting.

Good luck Oprah and keep up the excellent work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...