Friday, February 17, 2012

Skin Care

Face cleansing.

Everyone wants healthy fresh looking skin and there are small things you can incorporate into your weekly routine to maintain nice healthy looking skin. I`m going to write about what I do to keep my skin healthy clean and fresh looking and maybe some of these techniques will work for you.

1. The first thing I do is clean my face with an exfoliating towelette. I use the Eqaute towelettes.
They are great for removing makeup.









2.The next thing I do is use a facial Tonner. Facial tonners are great at removing the extra makeup or dirt that you can`t see and that washing alone doesn’t get rid of. It also works to suck up some of the oil and prepare your face for cleaning. There are a number of great face toners on the market, I don`t have a preferred brand but I often use the one from Nivea.


3.Next I use a face wash. I usually use the Clean and Clear foaming facial cleanser that is medicated to help kill bacteria. I also use the Clean and Clear Continuous Control acne wash that deep cleanses. I don`t get acne break outs but I figure there is nothing wrong with preventing the odd pimple you get every now and then. You can use whatever brand of face wash works for you.



4.After washing my face with my face wash I do a  face steam. You can buy a facial steamer at places like Walmart or Target and certain department stores. Facial steamers are a great way to open up your pores and they allow you to get the most benefit from your other skin care products. I find that using a facial steamer makes your skin look healthier and feel softer. If you don’t have a facial steamer you can use a wash cloth or small towel, heat the towel up under hot water and then apply the towel to your face and hold it there until the towel gets cool. You can do this 2-4 times for a good facial steam. If you try this please use whatever temperature works for you and be careful not to burn your skin.


5.After steaming my face I apply a facial mask usually a mud mask. I use the dead sea mud pac from Montagne Jeunesse which draws out impurities, opens up the pores and leaves the skin feeling cleansed and soft. It says to leave it on for 10-15 minutes. I get this mask at Walmart. You can also buy other facial masks if you don`t prefer the mud masks or you could make your own at home. I have made an avocado face mask and it worked very well at leaving my skin soft. All I did to make the avocado face mask was mash up a ripe avocado and add a drizzle of olive oil. There are tons of other recipes you can try.



6. After I wash off the face mask I exfoliate using my St Ives apricot face scrub. Gently exfoliate the face and rinse with warm water.












7. The last step is moisturizing my skin. You can use whatever face cream you favour, there are many great face creams out there by companies like Olay, Nivea, and Clinique. You can also try moisturizing using Vaseline. It's said that Vaseline is great for the face without clogging pores and causing acne while leaving your skin very soft. It is also said that if you apply it to your eye lashes overnight it moisturizes them and helps them grow. I have been doing this for months and I have noticed that when I apply Vaseline to my face before bed in the morning my skin looks really good.




 This cleansing process is something I do at least once per week. For everyday face care I usually just use a toner, face wash and moisturizer before bed.




Here are some other helpful tips
 *Always remove makeup at the end of the day, makeup can clog pores

*Always clean your face at the end of the day whether you wear makeup or not

*If you have sensitive skin make sure to test any new products on a small area of skin before using it all over your face so you know if it`s safe for your skin type

*Use products that are suited to your skin type whether you have oily, acne prone, dry or sensitive skin.

*Always use a good moisturizer and try to find a daily moisturizer that offers UV protection

*If you wear makeup it`s a good idea to try and find a foundation that has some SPF protection




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...