Sunday, March 31, 2013

Olio di Argan Conditioner Review

Olio di Argan Ingredients: aqua/water, cetearyl alcohol, cetrimonnium chloride, parfum/fragrance, argania spinosa oil, hydroxypropyl oxidized starch pg-trimonium chloride, citric acid, linalool, sodium lactate, sodium chloride, lactic acid, benzoic acid

I use argan oil on my hair in light amounts and I like that it helps prevent my hair from getting dry while adding a touch of shine. I am always on the lookout for products with argan oil in the ingredient list among other nourishing oils and beneficial botanicals.

This argan oil conditioner was purchased at HomeSense for $6.99 and the suggested retail price is $15.00, it is from Italy and is made with pure argan oil.

On the back of the bottle there is a description about the process involved in extracting oil from argan trees but it fails to thoroughly describe what the product will do for the hair except for adding shine and silkiness. It also does not suggest what hair type it is targeted at.

The good thing about this conditioner is that it does not contain any parabens, silicones  artificial coloring or mineral oil.

The consistency of the conditioner is rather thin, too thin for it to really coat my hair and when applying it, it feels very watery and light. I have to apply a lot of the conditioner to get any accumulation of it on my hair and it does not aid in detangling. It does have a nice perfume scent and you can pick up a hint of argan.

I think this conditioner would be best for thin, fine hair textures that are prone to being easily weighed down with medium to heavy conditioners. I do not think it is well suited for thick hair, curly hair, or coarse hair types.

This conditioner did not provide adequate moisture and did very little to condition my hair. It also did not provide the shine it claimed it would.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...