Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Best Restaurants in Toronto Canada

Today I thought I would share some of my favorite foods with you and some great restaurants in Toronto and the greater Toronto area. If you are from the GTA then you may be interested to know about some of these hidden culinary gems. If you are visiting or plan to visit Ontario then it is always helpful to know of some places to find delicious food.

Pakistani Cusine
First on my list is my all time favorite restaurant called Lahore Tikka House located at 1365 Gerrard Street East. In this district you will find lots of East Indian shops and restaurants. Lahore sells the best Pakistani food around and if you decide to head over there you will be back again and again.

My favorite dish is the Lahori chicken kebabs with the garlic naan
Chicken Kebabs
 Garlic naan bread
I also love the vegetable byriani  riceand the butter chicken
Byriani
Canadian, Indian, Mexican, & More
Moxies Bar and Grill
I also like Moxies Bar and Grill. There are many delectable dishes to chose from and I love their frozen bellinis. You can find Moxies restaurants all over the city and I like the trendy decor.

My favorite dish at Moxies is the chicken vindaloo (curry). On the menu it says beef but you can ask for chicken; this dish is spicy and very flavorful. I also like the enchiladas.
Chicken vindaloo

Greek Cusine
Zets
If you are out late and you are looking for a restaurant that is open 24 hours with delicious Greek foods and steak then Zets is the place for you. Their chicken souvlaki, Greek salad, rice, potatoes and garlic sauce is delicious and the portions are huge. Zets is located at: 6445 Airport Road in Mississauga
photo found online

Italian
Vesuvio Pizzeria and Spaghetti House
If you hunger for authentic Italian food and pizza then you should check out Vesuvios. This family owned restaurant has been around for years! My dad has been taking me here since I was a kid and I still can't get enough. This restaurant is located at: 3010 Dundas Street West, Toronto.
photo found online

American/Chicago
Chicago Style Pizza Shack
 For Chicago style pizza this restaurant in Hamilton Ontario will satisfy all your cravings. They have stuffed pizza!! Yes you read that right, STUFFED pizza, can it get any better than that? You can find this restaurant at: 534 Upper Sherman Ave, in Hamilton Ontario.
photo found online

Arabic/Middle Eastern
Paramount Fine Foods
Another restaurant we go to all the time is Paramount, for tasty Arabic food. The garlic sauce and pita bread is the best I have ever tasted and they have a large selection of sweets. You can find Paramount at various locations in the GTA but the location I visit is at: 1290 Crestlawn Drive in Mississauga.
Chicken shawarma plate
Caribbean
Soulyve Caribbean Kitchen
In the mood for Caribbean food? Then Soulyve is where you need to go. The reggae wrap with jerk chicken and roti is something I am going to keep going back for. The sweet potato chips can become an addiction. You can find this restaurant at: 19 Mill Street Orangeville Ontario.
Reggae wrap
Canadian/American Bar and Grill
Milestones Bar and Grill
If you are ever in Niagara Falls Ontario and you don't feel like eating fast food then head over to Milestones at the Marriott Gateway on the falls which is the best Milestones restaurant around. In this restaurant not only do you get a beautiful view of the falls but you get a scrumptious dinner. You can order anything from steak, pasta, sea food and you have to try their signature bellinis! 
Bellinis
Thai Cusine
Spoon and Fork
My favorite Thai restaurant is called Spoon and Fork located at 5555 Eglington Ave West in Etobicoke. They make the BEST Thai green curry, mango salad and pad Thai I have had to date.
Pad Thai
Canadian/American
Jack Astors
Jack Astors is one of my favorite restaurants for main stream foods. Here you can find burgers, pasta, pizza, chicken fingers, fries, salad, steak and much more. My favorite are the spicy chicken fingers.
Chicken fingers
Dessert 
Cafe Demetres
At Demetres you will find every dessert your heart desires from ice cream, shakes and cakes. You can also order salad and other lunch items. You can find these cafes at various locations around the GTA.

Dairy Cream
Dairy Cream, not to be confused with Dairy Queen is one of Mississauga`s summer hangout spost. This place has been around for 50 years and serves a wide variety of ice cream and dessert. Be careful how you order because the portions are huge but the dessert is delicious. You can find Dairy Cream at: 715 Lakeshore road east in Mississauga.

11 comments:

  1. this would all be new to me but I'd be willing to try it if it wasnt too spicey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry you would LOVE it, some of these places get people from all over who have never had different spices. Just because it is spicy doesn't mean it is to peppery or difficult to eat.

      Delete
  2. OMG!!! Everything looks so delicious! I'm particularly interested in the pakistani food. Have to check out that restaurant the next time i'm in Toronto. Thanks for this list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Pakistani restaurant is my FAV I think in the entire world lol

      Delete
  3. Mouth watering, can't stop..... ahhhh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toronto food is so delicious! I recommend going to Congee Wong. http://congeewong.com/indexEng.php It has FRICKEN AMAZING Chinese food. I go there everytime I go to Toronto :)
    <3 Pauline, Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will keep it in mind for next time I am out hunting for some Chinese food :)

      Delete
  5. What can I tell you... Amazing post :) It's so interesting to see the best cuisines in the world in one place.


    Makeup Demon blog
    Makeup Demon Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  6. MMMM. That all looks so good.

    - http://www.beautylogging.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Everything looks delicious!! I love Indian and Pakistani food! Great post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...