Friday, August 23, 2013

Arc de Triomphe: Arc of Triumph Paris

The Arc de Triomphe is a famous symbol and attraction in Paris; it represents the fallen soldiers who passed away during The French Revolution and the Napoleonic Wars and stands in the center of Place Charles de Gaulle. It looms above the street and boasts an amazing view of the city below.

One thing that impressed me about Paris is the abundance of landmarks, monuments, museums and history. It seems that every corner you turn has something to look at and is filled with life and bustling with people. If I could capture every street in a photo I would.

I think the monument does have an elevator but able bodied people are required to take the stairs. It is a long way up the winding stairs but the view is worth the effort.


Under the arc

This is the view once you get to the top of the arc



Tomb of a fallen soldier


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...