Wednesday, May 21, 2014

e.l.f Cosmetics: Essential Shimmering Facial Whip Review

Sometimes while perusing the isles stocked with countless beauty products certain items get overlooked. Usually we form an opinion of a particular product based on numerous bits of information such as: price, advertising, reputation and reviews but just because a product is extremely affordable doesn't necessarily mean it isn't any good. 

Today I will review the e.l.f essential facial shimmering whips. These creamy facial shimmers are multipurpose; you can use them on the cheeks, lips, eyes, and anywhere else you want to add beautiful illumination to the skin. The whips come in five shades and contain vitamin E.


What I like most about this shimmer is that they are easy to work with. I squeeze a little onto my finger and blend in onto the high points of my cheeks and down the bridge of my nose for a radiant glow. These little tubes are perfect for summer and some shades can be used on the legs and shoulders to add an iridescent shine.

If you have sauntered past the e.l.f section at your local Target and dismissed these facial whips it’s time to stop and take a second look. For just $1 each they are not only a fantastic deal but they actually work!


I have the color Persimmon which is a pretty pink mixed with a pearl undertone. This shade can be worn  in place of blush or applied on top of your favorite pink blush to highlight and add dimension while making cheeks pop.


Lilac petal is a peach/tan color with a silver undertone to highlight. This shade can be used on the legs, and shoulders for beautiful summer illumination. When light catches the skin it seems to shine!


I did notice that the shimmer and color begins to separate when the product gets old. The formula is suppose to dispense in one fluid, creamy stream but when they expire the silver shimmer dispenses runny and watery while the pigment comes out separated. Since they are only $1 per tube it really isn't a big deal replacing them.


For those who don't have Target where you live you can purchase these from the website HERE but due to the shipping costs I would recommend browsing the site and ordering these along with whatever else you want.
Have you tried these facial whips yet?

5 comments:

  1. I have Lilac Petal and it's such a pretty color, so inexpensive too!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! Yea you are right, the product does have a tendency to separate once it gets old...I've had mine for almost a year now and its starting to do that :/ Such a pity! Need to check my Target out and see if there are new colors!
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are pretty cool, crazy amounts of shimmer too! Good for highlighting !
    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  4. They weren't kidding about the shimmer that is some intense shimmer!
    I have a little obsession with shimmer I must admit!
    great post I really should try more e.l.f products!
    xo Holly xo

    HollyDolly. 

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had one, but I didn't like it that much, too shimmery for my tasting. I rarely use a highlighter for my face, I prefer matte blushes :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...