Thursday, November 5, 2015

Vacationing in Dubrovnik Croatia & Montenegro: Photos & Tourism

After visiting the busy city of Istanbul arriving in Dubrovnik was a nice break from the hustle and bustle. The stunning views of the old coastal town are a painter’s dream and the beautiful sea gleamed as we toured the historic cobblestone streets.


Dubrovnik is also one of the shooting locations for the popular Game Of Thrones series which I am a huge fan of!


As I gazed at the beautiful buildings and lost myself in the narrow alleys I was transported back in time to a society that I only get to experience on TV. It was like being a part of a medieval kingdom where kings battled for power, knights rose to glory and townsfolk made a living at the market.




We stayed at the Radisson Blu, a large resort perched on a rocky cliff overlooking the sea and boasting 3 pools, a shopping promenade and a wonderful spa.

photo from: picsant.com

We didn’t spend too much time at the resort but I absolutely loved exploring the shops and harbour. Dubrovnik is often referred to as “the pearl of the Aegean” and “one of the Europe’s best kept secrets”  which makes it an amazing destination for a quiet getaway.






Great pizza in Dubrovnik- Pizzeria Mirakul
 
From Dubrovnik we also took a day trip to Montenegro because I just had to see the Town of Kotor nestled into the mountains and adjacent to the sparkling sea. Our tour bus took us on a winding, exhilarating ride around the steep cliffs on the Serpentine Road- one of Europe’s most dangerous due to the height, sheer vertical drops and countless turns and twists into the clouds! This trip may not be for the faint of heart but it is an adventurists dream!


Local beer in Montenegro

Kotor


Montenegro is not a place I ever thought I’d visit because it never occurred to me until I began researching things to do in the area but I am glad I got to experience some of the most spectacular 
views I’ve ever encountered on my travels.




To check out my previous post on my visit to Turkey click HERE and stay tuned for my photos of Munich Germany!

2 comments:

  1. The photos are absolutely gorgeous. It is my dream to visit Croatia one day. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diva,
      I am having issues with the resolution of my photos on Blogger but I'm glad you like them. I would love to go back to Dubrovnik, it is so peaceful.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...