Monday, March 14, 2016

Kérastase Elixir Ultime Review

Recently I’ve been reviewing new spring products and although I love the excitement of seasonal trends the cold weather hasn’t disappeared just yet. In Toronto we experienced days so frigid Jack Frost would have quivered in his boots and the cold, dry air takes a toll on our skin and hair.

I decided to begin a serious recuperation mission to revive my parched mane and infuse some much needed moisture. The new Elixir Ultime Collection by Kérastase enriched with 4 precious oils is just want I need to reverse the effects of winter and prepare for warmer days. Natural oils such as walnut, almond and coriander boosts strength and shine while grape seed and cranberry regenerate dry strands with intensive antioxidants. The combination of camellia, pracaxi, argan and maize sprout oils further strengthen and fortify damaged, weak strands.


Using precious oils also contributes to hair growth and the rich omega-3 fatty acids create a protective barrier to shield hair from external damage. Since I love the effects of a good conditioner I had to try the Elixir Ultime Beautifying Oil Rinse-Out. This product can be applied after shampoo to soften, hydrate and boost the shine levels of dull, lackluster hair. The creamy formula smells wonderful and coats each strand in a veil of lush, silky conditioner which detangles and makes hair feel incredibly light, smooth and bouncy! When I don’t have time for a deep treatment masque I use this one instead and the steam from my shower intensifies the moisturizing benefits for super soft hair. I recommend leaving it in for at least ten minutes for the best reparative results but even 5 mins works wonders! The conditioner retails for $49.00.


If I am going to use a shampoo with sulfates then its best that the formula is also nourishing to counteract the drying effects. The Elixir Ultime Shampoo cleanses thoroughly to get rid of build-up, product film and greasiness but because it includes a blend of oils it doesn’t leave my hair feeling stripped or brittle. Like most products from this brand it smells irresistible and lathers well to purify the scalp and hair from root to tip. After shampooing and conditioning with these products I notice an instant improvement in the texture of my hair plus increased body and volume! The shampoo retails for $44.00.


Sometimes even after conditioning your hair needs a leave-in that will provide longer lasting results and extra protection. The Elixir Ultime Oil is fabulous for replenishing dry, damaged hair and instilling flexibility, strength and moisture. The texture of the oil feels more silky than greasy and that silkiness is transferred to your tresses for a glossy, healthy sheen. It also helps smooth rough cuticles, improves the look of fuzzy, unruly strands and split-ends while boosting the resiliency of color treated hair for sensual softness. A little goes a long way with this formula and it can be applied to both wet and dry hair. When I flat iron my hair into sleek, straight styles this oil lightly perfumes and keeps all strands lustrous, satiny and in place. When used on my natural curls I apply it on damp, clean hair and it makes my ringlets bouncy and soft. The oil retails for $56.00.


Braids have been making a strong comeback both on the runway and for simple everyday looks. To help keep you trendy and fashionable Kerastase has released the Book Of Braids showcasing basic techniques and complex creations from your classic French braid to styles for the gym, weddings, work, date night, special events, vacations and more! 



To help get you started Kerastase has some fabulous styling items to keep your savvy creations in place all day! I use a variety of fantastic finishing products from this brand but one helpful braiding buddy is the Matérialiste Gel Spray. This formula provides flexible hold without the crunchy stiffness or white, flaky residue for great definition. The gel is also infused with a thickening ingredient that expand each hair fiber for a voluminous effect ideal for creating a variety of textured, glamorous styles. I also use it to keep my natural curls beautifully formed and frizz-free. The gel retails for $40.00.


If you need thickness at the roots then the Lifting Vertige helps create the voluminous bombshell styles you crave. It also has built-in heat protection and medium hold. You can pick it up for $40.00.

For more info or to find a list of salons for purchase click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...