Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Contour, Bronzers & Highlight with L’Oréal Paris

I’ve been testing a lot of high-end bronzers and highlights recently but today I’ve decided to feature a few drugstore options from L’Oréal that are accessible and more affordable for those looking to embrace the trend on a budget. From glistening powders to sparkling illuminators and even liquid shimmer for the body, there is something for everyone!


First up is the True Match LUMI Powder Glow Illuminator (Bush & Highlight) in the shade Golden. This versatile compact is equipped with 4 shimmery hues (green, champagne, peach and gold) to compliment, brighten and boost the complexion. The powder lifts up to reveal a mirror and brush hidden underneath and by simply layering, you can enhance the pigments from sheer to stunning! The yellow gold consists of larger glitter fragments and a translucent, sparse finish whereas the other shades are finely milled, creamier and smooth with subtle shimmer accents that blend quite well. My favorite hue is the peach triangle at the bottom which provides a gorgeous wash of highlight but the palette gives you the option to mix, match and get a little creative. It retails for $14.96.


Also from the True Match LUMI collection is the Liquid Glow Illuminator Prime and Highlight. This all-over highlighter is one of my favorites from the brand and reminds me of a less intense version of Melanie Mill's Gleam liquid pigments used for television production. I have the shade Golden which creates a gorgeous iridescent glow and once dry it stays put all day and beautifully reflects light. You can use this highlighter under, over or mixed into foundation but I prefer to apply it with my fingertips and blend onto my cheekbones and anywhere else I need a little luster. The great thing about this creamy formula is that you can also use it on the body (arms, shoulders, legs, décolletage, back etc) to create a brilliant sunkissed effect that makes skin look radiant and golden all summer long! You can pick this highlight up for $14.96 and it is also available in the shades Rose and Ice.



Multipurpose duos are very popular right now so L’Oréal has released the Infallible Pro-Contour & Highlight Palette in 3 shades: Light, Medium and Deep. I like that the packaging is small and thin which makes them great for travel but the contour hues are very subtle and in my opinion a bit too ashy for creating much definition. By heavily layering the deepest hue I was able to create decent contrast but I prefer more pigment intensity for sculpting and the brush is flimsy, thin and oddly shaped so I don't really use it.


Left to right: Light, Medium and Deep

If you’re aiming for a softer effect then you may like these but aside from mild definition, my results weren’t very dramatic. The highlight hues on the other hand are great! The texture is smooth and silky with enough pretty pigment to create a luminous candlelight glow. The palettes retail for $16.95 ea.


The Magic LUMI Light Infusing Primer has been one of my faves for years because unlike the gold or tinted highlights I usually wear, this one provides a gorgeous frosty layer suitable for all skin tones and seasons. You can wear it under makeup or mixed into foundation for a soft light illusion that brightens the entire face or blend onto specific areas to highlight and enhance. The creamy, lightweight texture blends and layers effortlessly with a finger or brush to creates a natural sheen that makes skin appear fresh, revived and healthy! If you don’t have this in your makeup bag yet I highly recommend it, you can pick it up for $14.95 and a little goes a long way!


L’Oréal can be found at drugstores nationwide and you can visit the website by clicking HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...