Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation Review

I’ve heard and read a lot of great things about Estee Lauder’s Double Wear Foundation and when I was being color matched at their beauty bar a few weeks ago, the Makeup Artist informed me that among their selection this formula is ideal for good coverage and long-wear.

When you are in the medium-tanned range, finding a foundation can be an exasperating journey of trial and error but I was expertly matched with 4W2 Toasty Toffee which I was told would be my “perfect color” with no need to mix shades!


My first impression of the formula was favorable. I liked the consistency - it wasn’t too runny or thick and the application is quite smooth, lightweight and silky. The finish is semi-matte and oil-free so it retains some moisture and dewiness without making you look greasy.

The liquid is easy to apply with a Beauty Blender or Kat Von D's Lock-It Foundation Brush (which I am currently obsessed with) and it blends consistently for even coating. The coverage is light to medium and although I usually go for full-coverage the color is buildable so I am able to layer and conceal my problem areas for a flawless complexion. The foundation held up well through humidity and although it does transfer, I didn’t experience much fading.

The packaging is hard to use and a little messy since the opening is just a wide hole that you must pour from without much control over quantity. I’m not sure if the brand offers some kind of pump but that would be helpful.


Under my vanity lights this shade seemed to match well without harsh undertones that can make skin appear too red, yellow or grey. Luckily I always test foundation when I don’t have press events or anything important to do because by the time I arrived at my mom’s house an hour or two later, the formula had already oxidized. When foundation is exposed to elements like sun or even your own sweat it may change color and that is exactly what happened. My family actually noticed it first by asking me if I had tanned or been baking in the sun too long which I avoid doing to preserve my skin. Needless to say I was a bit disappointed and my sister informed me that she too experience similar results while testing this foundation. I don’t know if this issue is more prevalent within certain shades but I was really hoping to find my “holy grail” formulation.

I guess my tiring search for the perfect foundation must continue and until then I will stick to mixing, matching and using old reliable faves that work well enough.


The Double Wear Foundation retails for $45.00 and you can find Estee Lauder in department stores and Sephora.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...