Thursday, August 18, 2016

Joe Fresh Beauty Review: New Core Products!

If you haven’t heard, Joe Fresh has an awesome new beauty collection on-par with their popular fashion line when it comes to everyday use and trendiness. Since I love the highlight powders, lipsticks, lip creams and blush sticks, I was excited to test out the new core products.


The first thing that caught my eye as I unzipped the cute striped makeup bag was the Neutral Eye Shadow Palette. I know that nude palettes have been saturating the beauty scene for awhile and you're probably thinking that you don’t need another, but I recommend taking a look at this one.

The shades in this collection are infused with sparkling multidimensional shimmer and creamy mattes that are anything but boring. The selection includes many of the colors most of us tend to favor on a daily basis including a mix of classic golds, trendy rose gold and beautiful silver with pops of champagne. There are only 4 matte hues but the brand chose them very wisely. You get a fabulous cream to highlight, a beige hue to transition plus deep brown and black for definition and shaping. Although the palette is classified as “neutral” don’t let that fool you, the dark colors create depth, dimension and smokiness. 


For just $14.00 you get 12 complexion flattering, velvety shadows that glide on easy, blend well and stay put. The compact itself has a brilliant array of color and texture that can go from tame to glam yet it is small, thin and light enough for travel. The quality and pigmentation is good although a few shades are soft, sheer and less vivid than the others. Most of the shadows can be enhanced to medium coverage and the deepest shades have full-coverage potential. 


I swatched some of my favorite shades to show saturation (please excuse the repeat grey swatch) 

The Universal Beauty Balm is a nourishing moisturizer that helps soften and relieve dryness on the face, hands and body. I love a good multi-purpose product and this purse-size tube is handy for use on-the-go. The balm smells really good and reminds me of shea with a buttery consistency and supple finish. I use it for treating rough patches like knees or elbows and it gets right in-between the fingers to soften hands. I did notice a little bit of residue but it isn’t greasy and makes a great cuticle treatment. The balm retails for $10.00.


As mentioned, I like the the Joe Fresh Matte Lipsticks for their bold, pure color and lightweight creamy texture. The pigments apply effortlessly without feathering and they don’t make lips feel dry or uncomfortable so don’t be scared off by their matte-ness. Although the lipsticks are quite intense (which I love) you can tone them down for a softer finish. The fun, vibrant shades featured here are Fuchsia and Raspberry which look ravishing on all skin tones. The lipsticks smell great and retail for $10.00 ea.



I don’t know about you, but my brows seem to have a mind of their own so I need a product to keep them “on-fleek” all day. The Universal Brow Sculpting Wax applies translucent with a slight brown tinge and sculpts in one easy step. Keep in mind that this product is meant for grooming and does not replace brow gel, powder or pencils. The only recommendation I have is to let your brow fillers/color dry completely before using this to prevent smudging. The wax retails for $12.00.


I always finish my makeup with a great translucent powder because it gives my foundation a smooth look and helps control oil. This one uses color-correcting pigments to even out skin tone and dull problem areas. The finish is lightweight, silky and suitable for all complexions (when blended well). I’ve also noticed that it helps mattify, diminish the look of enlarged pores, blurs redness and subtly tames harsh undertones. You may not notice huge correcting benefits but it does seem to improve skin texture and rectify mild discolorations. The powder retails for $12.00.


Joe Fresh Beauty is available at Shoppers Drug Mart and if you'd like to check out my review on the gorgeous full-coverage lip creams and other faves click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...