Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Cargo Eye Contour Eye Shadow Palette Review

It seems that the contouring craze is here to stay as more people embrace the art of sculpting to accentuate the face and body. “If you got it, flaunt it” and if you don’t, why not fake it? Anything that boosts confidence is okay with me and I'm always on the hunt for great new products to share.

Recently I attended a fall/holiday media event and among the gorgeousness the Cargo Eye Contour Palette caught my attention with its chic skyline design. While getting ready I spend most of my time on eye makeup and I guess it pays-off because many high profile Makeup Artists have noticed my work. I expertly match shades and blend until my arm is close to falling off to achieve mesmerizing, bold effects. 



This palette consists of 3 cool hues (light, medium, dark), 3 warm shades, a matte base and a shimmer highlight. The shadows are simple with a selection of beige, cream, deep brown and navy but you have everything you need to create a natural looking sculpted eye.


The texture is very smooth and silky for a seamless, “airbrushed” finish and although it looks unassuming, the palette contains great fundamental and supporting shades to help create depth, dimension and highlight. The warm beige is a great transition shade and the deep matte brown works well to define the crease and enhance countless other colors, my personal fave being gold and champagne. For smokey looks, the matte navy is great for sculpting.


The pigmentation provides light to medium coverage so you will need a good primer even under the base but with a little layering they can be intensified nicely. The shadows blend well allowing me to concentrate the color heavily or fade it out for a nice gradient. The only thing I would add is more variation, there are 3 tints of beige and the grey-black applies very similar to the navy.

To satisfy my need for warmer hues, palette one is a great option. It includes more of the shades I use on a daily basis like deep plum, brown and bright peach.


The Eye Contour Palette will be available October 2016 at London Drugs, Rexall, Pharma Plus and Lawtons across Canada, it retails for $39.00.


The lipstick comes in similar packaging with the same artistic flare! This neutral pink called Soho works well when I prefer a mild pop of color. The formula is very creamy and moisturizing with a shiny, supple finish and sheer to medium coverage. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...