Tuesday, September 27, 2016

New Lipsticks I’m Lovin For Fall!

Red lipstick is classically chic no matter what time of year but the richness of fall seems to make this sexy hue even more appealing. Today I’m sharing a few new lip colors that will go great with your autumn outfits and keep your pout on-trend for the season.

First up is Kat Von D’s Limited Edition Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in the shade Project Chimps. There are 28 swoon-worthy hues to choose from but this bold red definitely adds a sassy twist and 20% of the proceeds are donated to end the use of chimps in biomedical research. These pigments are called “everlasting” because they stay-put for hours and even hold up well through eating, drinking and smooching! This particular shade of red is universally flattering because there are no harsh red, orange or blue undertones. The formula is creamy for effortless glide and the high-intensity, ultra saturated color sets completely matte. During the cooler months lips tend to get dry so I use a primer underneath or clear gloss on top for more hydration. The lipstick retails for $24.00 at Sephora and katvondbeauty.com.


I’ve also been lovin some of the new lippies from Maybelline, particularly the Color Jolts and Bold Collection. The Jolts (also referred to as “intense lip paint”) are available in 8 pretty shades. Red-dy Or Not provides a bright pop of color that awakens the complexion and makes lips appear pouty and seductive. I absolutely love the fierce, full-coverage finish that drenches lips in layers of rich, shiny pigment and when I want a little less shine I simply apply a thinner layer and blot. The longevity is decent for liquid lipstick and as it wears away I usually get a nice fade. The moistness also keeps lips from feeling parched but when wearing such vibrant color I always exfoliate the night before. Personally I find the little squeeze tube and slanted felt applicator quite easy to use and the tip helps trace the lip contour. The jolts retail for $9.96 at drugstores nationwide.


I thought I’d go ahead and throw in a deep purple lipstick for good measure since it is my favorite color! 830 Violet Vixen is part of the new Loaded Bolds Collection which also includes unique pigments like white, dark teal and even black! This provocative purple will take your fall makeup look to a saucy new level and the creamy, delicious smelling formula coats well and layers medium to full-coverage with a luscious dose of moisture. You can pick it up for $7.96.


THEFACESHOP also released an impressive range of lipsticks called Collagen Ampoule. When I saw the shade Signature Red I just had to have it for fall! The luxurious creamy texture glides on effortlessly for hours of hydrating suppleness and comfort. The color is beautifully vivid and anti-aging ingredients help diminish the appearance of lines for a plump, pouty effect. I think lipstick addicts are going to love this formula and you can find them at THEFACESHOP stores and online at thefaceshop.ca for $25.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...