Monday, March 5, 2018

NEW Maybelline Python Metallic Lip Kit Review & Swatches

I love finding innovative new products and I think Maybelline’s Python Lip Kits ($12.99) are a refreshing take on classic lipstick and the ombré effect. If you want to glam-up your pout without spending a ridiculous amount of time perfecting your lip art technique, these small palettes create pretty effects.


There are 4 color combinations available and each cream pigment comes with a matching metallic topcoat. The lipstick has buildable coverage with high color payoff so you can adjust the intensity. Unfortunately the kit does not come with a lip brush for application and you will probably need one to layer, shape and fill neatly. If I use my finger, the vibrant red applies inconsistently and looks more like a faded stain. There is also no mirror on the inside cover which would come in hand for touch-ups on-the-go. Despite having to keep a lip brush in my purse, the metallic - matte cream layered effect is stunning!


The shimmery garnet top coat in this palette looks great with Maybelline’s Color Sensational Lipstick in the shade Cruel Ruby ($9.99). This deep bombshell red has a bold matte finish that flatters all complexions.

Provoked consists of a beautiful nude lipstick paired with a glittery gold top coat. Together this dynamic duo has the perfect balance of elegance and drama for a night out. The moist cream keeps lips supple with a touch of moisture and the metallic pigment stays in place without scattering. The best part – you can also use the shimmer pigments as eye shadow for a coordinated look worthy of the runway.


I’ve also been warming-up to an unconventional shade of lipstick – Concrete Jungle. This cool grey tone is way outside my comfort zone but I decided to take the plunge and try it anyway. With the right eye makeup I can totally pull it off at one of my upcoming makeup events.


Maybelline is available at drugstores nationwide

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...