Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Nivea Skincare - New Creams, Cleansers & Anti-Aging Formulas

A few weeks ago I attended Nivea’s press event to celebrate the launch of some great new products and meet their beautiful new brand ambassador – Tessa Virtue! If you watched the 2018 Winter Olympics in PyeongChang (like I did) then you probably saw Tessa and Scott kick butt and skate circles around the competition to win Canada the gold. I had a chance to chat with Tessa about her experience in South Korea, what competition she’s training for next and decorating her new house. She also revealed some of her favorite skincare products.



I’ve been using Nivea since childhood and their body lotions have always been a staple in my family. The first product Tessa recommended is the Care Nourish Cream which comes in a tube for $9.99 and a large jar for $13.00. The awesome thing about this gentle, non-greasy moisturizer is that it can be used on the body, hands and face to keep you soft and hydrated from head-to-toe. The rich, silky texture absorbs quickly and effectively to deeply replenish and alleviate dry flaky skin with an amazing scent. For travel I love the convenience of having an all-in-one cream and the lightweight formula is perfect for all seasons.


The other day my sister asked if I had any toner and I said – Micellar Water is trending now, get with it! I mean, they sort-of do the same thing but typically Micelles draw out dirt, oil and impurities like a magnet without drying out the skin. Nivea has created the new MicellAir Skin Breathe Water ($8.99) which cleanses deeply to remove stubborn makeup on the eyes, face and lips with no residue, rubbing or rinsing.


After a long day, taking off my makeup is the last thing I want to do but the MicellAir Skin Breathe Eye Makeup Remover ($7.77) makes the task less tedious. The gel gets rid of shadow, glitter, liner and mascara without irritating my eyes and the small bottle is perfect for travel.


I don’t have any visible signs of aging yet but I still use anti-aging skincare. The key to youthfulness is prevention so I’ve been testing Nivea’s Q10 Plus C Anti-Wrinkle Day Cream ($19.97) and Eye Cream for tired looking skin. The products are formulated to reduce the look of fatigue and lifelessness (we’ve all had those days), energize, smooth, hydrate and fortify. I wear the moisturizer under makeup since it has a non-greasy finish and after a long night, the eye cream helps improve the look of puffiness and dark circles with a boost of Vitamin C. 


The Q10 Plus C Anti-Wrinkle + Energy Goodnight Cream ($21.99) works with the body's natural regeneration process to revitalize your complexion during sleep. Co-enzymes and antioxidants support skin’s energy metabolism from within to fight wrinkles, nourish and protect. The supple texture is very hydrating but for night care I usually prefer heavier formulas so I layer the cream with serum or oil. The aluminum tube helps protect the Vitamin C so you get a potent dose with each application and over time dullness, lines and sun damage may be visibly reduced.


Nivea is available at Drugstores and Mass Market Retailers nationwide

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...